To take the stress out of your AGM planning, we are pleased to be able to offer our dedicated AGM service. We can tailor this to fit your particular needs and will work with you and your other advisers to ensure the smooth running of the event from beginning to end.
Our service includes:
- Producing documentation
Notice of AGM
- Calculating the correct notice period for the meeting, taking into account both Companies Act and corporate governance requirements as appropriate.
- Advising you on what business needs to be included.
- Determining which directors are due to retire by rotation.
- Drafting the notice, including resolutions for authority to allot shares, disapplication of pre-emption rights and share buybacks.
- Ensuring the notice complies with all the necessary legal and stock exchange requirements.
- Drafting an explanation of any special business.
- Drafting the proxy form.
- Liaising with your registrars to ensure it meets their system needs.
- Ensuring the proxy form complies with all the necessary legal and stock exchange requirements.
For both documents
- Liaising with printers, circulating and checking proofs, up to final sign off for printing and mailing.
- Arranging for copies to be uploaded to the National Storage Mechanism (main market companies only)
- Meeting preparation
- Advising on a suitable venue.
- Ensuring the meeting will be quorate.
- Assisting with practical arrangements for the day.
- Proxy chasing.
- Drafting Chairman’s script for formal business.
- Producing briefing packs.
- Planning for a poll.
If you have a small register of members (less than 100) we can undertake the mailing of your report and accounts and AGM documentation for you and also receive and process proxy forms. We can offer a business reply licence service and an email address for proxy receipt. NB We are not currently able to deal with proxy appointments through CREST.
- On the day
- Attendance at the meeting and taking minutes
- Providing advice as required.
- Conducting a poll if needed.
- After the meeting
- Drafting any required announcements regarding the result of the meeting.
- Liaising with relevant advisers for these to be released to the market/uploaded to your website.
- Arranging for resolutions to be uploaded to the National Storage Mechanism (main market companies only)
- Filing resolutions at Companies House with any other necessary documents.
- Producing minutes of the meeting.
What does it cost?
This will depend on which of the services you require, but we would anticipate agreeing a fixed fee with you in advance so that there are no surprises after your meeting.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.