Board and Committee Support
Running board and committee meetings effectively and well requires knowledge and experience. A badly run meeting can be very frustrating for those attending and trying to make decisions in the best interests of their organisation. Issues might be late papers, immense board packs (where you can’t see the wood for the trees) discussions on important matters rushed at the end of a meeting and even small (but nonetheless irritating) issues such as a poor venue and lack of refreshments.
Our team of experienced company secretaries can help you to become more effective and troubleshoot those annoying issues.
You want to have:
- Clearly written papers and reports, which go out on time.
- A well planned agenda and a well run meeting.
- Seamless practical arrangements.
- Prompt and accurate minutes, recording the key decisions, with clear action points and follow ups.
Our board and committee support includes:
- Annual planning – to ensure all items are given adequate time and consideration and meetings are not rushed.
- Meeting planning and preparation – including drafting the agenda, circulation of papers and practical arrangements for the day.
- Attendance at the meeting – providing advice and taking minutes.
- Afterwards – writing up the minutes and ensuring action points are adequately recorded and followed up.
This service is normally provided as part of our overall company secretarial service and is suitable for organisations of any size and across all sectors. We tailor all of our services to our clients’ needs and you only pay for what you require, ensuring you get the best value for money.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Board and committee governance
We are also able to provide assistance and expertise in ensuring your board and committee terms of reference meet best practice standards and suit the particular needs of your organisation. We have excellent in house governance expertise and our extensive network enables us to keep abreast of the latest developments.