Taking a company onto the stockmarket is an exciting time. However, it is also a huge amount of work and can become quite daunting for those who are not familiar with the additional requirements, whether for AIM or the main London market. Even for experienced directors, there is a great deal to do and having help at hand from people who have been through the process before is invaluable.
Our IPO service includes:
- UK same day company formation (if required).
- Conversion of a private limited company to a plc.
- Assistance with drafting a suitable set of articles for a listed plc. Our practical experience will ensure these not only meet the rules but will actually work well in real life situations after the float.
- Review of existing company records and updating these if necessary.
- Preparation of a suitable corporate governance framework to help you comply with the requirements of the market on which you plan to list, including board and committee terms of reference. We can benchmark your existing arrangements to the UK corporate governance code or another such as the QCA code for smaller companies, if you prefer.*
- Briefings for directors on relevant legal, regulatory and governance requirements.
- Review of admission document/prospectus.
- Preparation of insider lists.
- Review of share dealing code, clearance to deal processes, record keeping and reporting arrangements.
- Review of processes for handling inside (price sensitive) information.
- Helping you prepare for making regulatory announcements once the shares are listed.
- Setting up a suitable board and committee structure and annual agenda planning to ensure you cover all the necessary events during the year.
- Provision of a named or corporate company secretary, or training and ongoing support for your in-house team.
- Board and general meeting support during the IPO process.
- Liaising with share registrars.
- Companies House filings.
As with all of our services, we can tailor it to meet your specific requirements and are happy to work alongside your other advisers. We provide excellent value for money.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
*Main market companies generally have to adopt the UK Corporate Governance Code, there is more flexibility for companies on AIM.